Friday, October 18, 2013

Feature Friday - Nail Artist Brittney Milliken

As I start out on my new blogging adventure, I wanted to be able to send some love to my favorite nail artists, and Instagramers as they have shown me so much love. Every Friday I will feature someone who I have gotten to know, or someone who has an amazing talent that I just want to share with you!

My first Feature Friday lady is.....*drum roll please*
Brittney Milliken - @brittneymilliken on IG
Why I chose Brittney?
She has great style when it comes to her fingertips. She "bleeds glitter"as she states in her bio on Instagram. And that is the truth. The colors that she swatches are amazing, she is such a lover and supporter of Indie Polishes and since I am about to start my line, I appreciate that! I got to know Brittney after she won one of my giveaways, and we haven't looked back! Her comments on my nail art makes me blush, she is so thoughtful, and super funny.

I highly suggest checking her out. Her manicures are flawless, her cuticles are in perfect condition which is more than I can say for myself, and she has great taste!


 

I got the chance to ask Miss B some questions so you can all get to know her better:

Age: 20 - She hits the big 2-1 Dec 4...yahoo!
From: North Carolina - Born and Raised
Hobbies besides nail polish - She told me none - She is "completely consumed by nail polish". That isn't a bad thing girl!
She does however like to play board games (me too!!) and is addicted to Netflix (who isn't?)
Her day job: Manager at a Retail Store

What got you into nail art? "My best friend and I use to paint our nails all the time! I stuck with it and she kind of slacked off more with it. I got really into seeing other ladies on IG doing nail art and I had to give it a try." Brittney says. She, like many of us turned to the Internet for tips and tricks. She continues "I bought my first set of dotting tools, and watched YouTube tutorials religiously and just kept practicing." Nail art can be pretty time consuming as most of us know, she did mention that she hasn't much time lately to do nail art, but does swatch and show of her lovely manicures almost daily.

What is your favorite brand of mainstream polish? O.P.I. - great choice! She states, "I just love the formula and those brushes are so easy to work with." Amen sista!

What is your favorite brand of Indie polish? Squishy Face Polish - what a cute name! She describes this brand as having great customer service, and everything about the line fits her personality. "I'm a Squishy Face girl for life!" Brittney exclaims.

One nail related item you can't live without? "I can't live without my cuticle oil! I would seriously die!" I think we all would if we couldn't have cuticle oil. She goes on to say "Cuticle care is extremely important to me." Then she continues to inform me that she is even trying to help her boyfriend out! I love that, I give my boyfriend manicures every so often as well. Good job girl!!

What nail related item do you lust after? Brittney and her Indies, I love her for it! The one thing she wants the most is Pipedream Polish in Pink Elephants, and Lemonade. "I've wanted them for the longest time and just haven't brought myself to do it yet. But soon they will be mine. I am also dying to get my hands on the color club holo polishes!!"

What is your favorite design you have ever done? "...this water marble because I just love the way it turned out. It was my first successful water marble..." I agree with you girl! This is one of my favorites of yours too!
I love this mani!!



2 comments:

  1. <333 yay! I love how everything turned out! This is awesome girl!! Thanks for featuring me as your first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you like it!! I had fun doing this, thanks for being my first, my guinea pig so to speak. This is going to be a fun part of my blog and I am glad you agreed to it! :)

    ReplyDelete