Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gwen For OPI - OPI Review

YAY! I have been looking forward to this line ever since I heard it was being released. I still have not picked up all the colors but I am not sure if I want the deep red "I sing in color" and the glitter "In true Stefani fashion"
I was able to get my hands on the awesome crème pink "Hey Baby" and the two satins "Love.Angel.Music.Baby" and "4 In The Morning" I also picked up the super cool "Push and Shove"





I picked up "Love.Angel.Music.Baby" and "Push and Shove" in December before the actual release which was odd, at my local JCPenny salon. I had heard the release wasn't until January. I hadn't seen any of my Instagram friends with it yet and I knew it was going to be popular. Oops on JCP but yay me!

I really enjoyed "Love.Angel.Music.Baby" it is what OPI calls a satin finish and it tells you right on the cap do not add top coat. It reminds me of liquid sand but definitely with little to texture it is just smooth and matte. It is a pretty gold hue with a little sparkle. It goes on so easy, and I think because of the formula dries extremely fast. 


I also had to try "Push and Shove" right away. I wanted to see how metallic this would really be. I have been looking for a metallic nail polish on and off so I was really excited to see this. It comes with a special BASE coat. I did not apply a regular base coat to my nails and the one that came with it in fear I would mess up the formula somehow. I let that dry almost completely and then I applied the silver. It goes on streaky, and takes a few strokes to get it to look straight. If you have lots lines in your nails like I do it picks them all up. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to apply this differently but after two or three coats depending on how it went on I got this to look pretty even. I definitely wouldn't do a full mani again because of how it shows the imperfections in my nails (gasp!) I ended up using it again as an accent nail in a Seahawks mani that weekend though. I do really like the idea, and the product, you just need to have patience when applying





Last weekend I picked up "Hey Baby" and "4 In The Morning".
I am not the biggest of fans of pink and this one seemed extra pink. But I wanted to check it out, broaden my horizons, be flexible. This polish goes on so smooth and easy. And it really is a fun color. I got quite a few compliments on my mani when I was out running errands. It is a show stopper for sure.

"4 In The Morning" is the other satin in the collection. It is black in the bottle and when applied it goes on just as easy and smooth as "Love.Angel.Music.Baby". When dry it dries to almost a chalkboard look and has some very fine silver specks in it. Definitely a fun one as one. I used that as an accent nail with my "Hey Baby". I really love pink and black together.

I still want to get my hands on the special edition color with the nail art and Swarovski elements. If I get it I will also review that!

Enjoy! Go get you some Gwen for OPI!

No comments:

Post a Comment